This is the original version of the mission statement, written by Tev Ye.
Our Mission is to promote the writing of quality fanfiction for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
It's simple, straight, and to the point, but it means that the Guild works towards a variety of goals that fall under this:
- Fostering a Community: We've added sections such as the posting board and the chat to encourage writers to talk with each other and discuss ideas. Also that is the purpose of the 'ship affiliates, to create closer knit communities within a 'ship, because the more comfortable an author feels the more likely they are to experiment.
- Improve Fic: We can't write it for you, but we certainly can make it easier by providing resources, references and beta-readers and encourage the use of details to enrich fiction.
- Encourage New Writers: By providing information that will hopefully help them get acquainted and lists of archives and lists with notations on what they will accept.
Overall the Guild and its Affiliate 'ship zones are designed to be your sites. If you have an idea in terms of a resource or something else that you don't see here, please E-mail us and we will do our best to create it. We will often run surveys to gain ideas, suggestions or information for a new section. So never hesitate to make your voice heard.
The Guild operates on three levels:
- The Guild Site: This is the primary site for this project. On this site there will be general references and other items that will pertain to the entire project.
- The Affiliates: These are sites run along the same ideas of the Guild, but are focused on promoting writing for a particular 'ship within BtVS and Angel. They are designed to work within a smaller community so that the webmasters can maintain close contact with their writers and shape their site to serve their writers needs.
- The Members: This is for all writers who agree with the ideals of the guild. It is designed so that writers who feel the same way about their writing can recognize each other.